- Knife only, no sheath
- Very small size, easy to carry and handle. Great companion for a large chopper or axe.
- Skrama-like sheepsfoot blade profile.
- A notch at the root of the blade to ease sharpening over years of use and maintenance.
- Spine ground and beveled to strike sparks from ferro rods.
- Full tang with textured overmolded rubber grip.
- Protruding bare tang head with lanyard hole.
- Weight: 125 g
- Length: 18.5 cm
- Blade length: 8.5 cm
- Edge angle: 23°.
- Steel: 80CrV2, 59 HRC
The steel and heat treatment
80CrV2 carbon steel is used in all our carbon steel knives. The thing is that it´s nothing special really, just a really good tool steel that can take basically any beating and offers great edge retention.
The heat treatment we use leaves the surface of the steel softer than the inside. This actually functions a lot like fancy differential heat treatments making these knives very tough. As the surface is softer, any microscopic fractures or unevenness in the steel will not cause problems like they would if the steel was hardened all the way through. The end result is virtually zero problems caused by material defects!
The heat treatment and softer surface is also why we have added the bevels to the spine, a simple polished spine was not enough for use with ferro rods but with these little bevels that bare the inner, harder steel we get a spine that strikes ferro rods real well!