The KoreTemp system components are manufactured to be a fully integrated modular shelter system that can used individually or in conjunction with each other based on your specific shelter needs. This reduces the amount of gear that you need to carry due to the ability of the system components to serve multiple functions. This KoreTemp Modular Shelter Half is made to quickly pair with the optional KoreTemp Modular Poncho using our double sided snaps or can be used as a stand alone ready made lean-to shelter. It is proudly made and manufactured in the USA. The Operational Camouflage Pattern (OCP) color blends in well with most environments. For added weather resistance the seams can be sealed with a clear 100% urethane sealant if you choose.
The versatile KoreTemp Modular Shelter Half is made to be used in several ways.
- A stand alone one person lean-to with enclosed sides
- Integrate with a KoreTemp Modular Poncho to make a Baker style tent using paired double sided snaps standard on each product
- An Emergency Space blanket can be tied in to the back of the shelter to reflect heat from a fire
- Attach clear plastic in the front to make a Mors Kochanski style super shelter
- Total weight including stuff sack 1 lb, 5 ounces
- Made from 70d urethane coated mil-spec fabric, manufactured in the USA
- Operational Camouflage Pattern (OCP)
- Tan nylon tape tabs are bar tacked, and reinforced. There are 7 stake tabs, 5 on the back and 1 on each wing
- 10 double sided snaps
- The main section of the Shelter Half is 56.5" wide by 94" long. The sides are 34" at the base and 49" high
- Approximately 37 degree set up angle
Made in the USA. This KoreTemp item is Berry Amendment Compliant and a letter is available upon request to US Government and Military organizations.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I ordered the shelter a few months ago, and just had the chahce to use it because of the current status of things. I made a quick setup ridgeline that worked perfectely with the shleter. I had the shelter set up in minutes wiith the riidgeline and light weight stakes. There is plenty of room under the shelter. It is much bigger than the pictures. The only negative that I would have for the shelter is that I wish it had a tab in the middle for guy out the center, but that probably would have compromised the itegrity of the fabric. In high winds the center can blow in on you if you are close to the back of the shelter. I highly recommend using the Koretemp poncho with the shelter for added space and protection. I love this piece of gear.
Great piece of kit for anyone’s shelter build.
Just got back from a four day three night backpack trip where this was my main shelter along with a 10x10 Bushcraft Outfitters tarp. We had rain the first day but I kept the tarp over my tent because it looked cool! My brother who has been backpacking for years was extremely impressed with my sleep system from you guys, he said he definitely needed to update his equipment after seeing mine. Thank you for making such a great product! I love it!
One of the things I say is I like to purchase equipment that is Modular and Versatile. The KORETEMP series of gear is no exception. The Koretemp shelter, is lightweight, easy to set up, excellent quality and versatile. I have used this on several campouts so far and have had no problems. I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for something to supplement your shelter gear.