The HyFin® Vent Chest Seal from North American Rescue sets the standard for the prevention, management and treatment of an open and/or tension pneumothorax potentially caused by a penetrating chest trauma. This innovative device provides 3-vented channels that are designed to prevent airflow into the chest cavity during inhalation while allowing air to escape through the vent channels during exhalation. The 3-vent channels are designed to allow blood to escape and also provide a backup fail-safe system, as even if two of the three channels become obstructed, the vent is designed to remain fully operational.
Advanced hydrogel technology provides superior adhesion as the HyFin® Vent Chest Seal is specifically formulated to overcome adverse conditions in austere environments where the casualty may be covered in blood, sweat, body hair, or other environmental contaminants when a reliable chest seal is mandatory. Packaged in a more compact, rugged, easy-to-open foil pouch, each chest seal also includes a gauze pad to wipe the wound surface prior to application. The HyFin® Vent Chest Seal has a large red pull tab for single-step peel-and-apply application, while the transparent backing facilitates easy placement over the wound area, conforming to the patient’s chest.
NAR packages each chest seal using its signature Red Tip Technology® red tear notches to ensure high quality performance. The HyFin® Vent Chest Seal meets or exceeds the current EMS Standard of Care and TCCC & TECC Guidelines for treatment of penetrating injuries to the chest.
- Designed for the prevention, management and treatment of an open and/or tension pneumothorax potentially caused by a penetrating chest trauma
- New, more compact packaging
- Patented, new design with 3-channel pressure relief vents
- Advanced adhesive technology designed for a superior seal in the most adverse conditions, including sweaty or hairy casualties
- 3-vent channels designed to prevent airflow into the chest cavity during inspiration while allowing air to escape through the vent channels during exhalation
- Vent channels designed to allow blood to escape and provide a backup fail-safe system as even if two of the three channels become obstructed
- Easy-to-grip, large red tab for single step, peel-and-apply application that allows for the burping of the wound if necessary
- Rugged, easy-to-open foil package featuring signature Red-Tip Technology® tear notches
- Device: H 6 in. x W 6 in. (excluding tab)
- Packaged: H 4.625 in. x W 7.5 in. x D 0.1 in.
- Weight: 1.37 oz
- U.S. Patents: 7,504,549 & Patent(s) Pending