Made in USA
At 31kN (almost 7000lbs) the Force D is one of the strongest aluminum carabiners in the world. The Force D is an affordable, rock solid design, that has proven itself in the field around the globe. Whether it’s used in recreational climbing, military applications, or rescue scenarios, this carabiner is designed to get the job done. Available in locking and non-locking versions, and in tactical non-reflective colors, the Force D offers lasting versatility and value.
- Generous gate clearances with deep baskets provide effortless clipping
- ISO Cold-forged from aircraft-quality aluminum
- Low cost, high strength qualities perfect for recreational climbing, military, law enforcement, and OEM applications.
- Effortless and simple Screw-lock option provides added security against accidental opening
- Classic D shape carries loads toward stronger, non-gated side
- Hooded gates offer smooth rope-bearing surfaces
A reforging of the strongest and best-selling carabiner designs in the world.
The new Force series carabiners from SMC offer unparalleled strength to weight ratios thanks to the ISO Cold Forging process. This carabiner manufacturing technique, originally developed by Omega Pacific, produces exceptional strength and durability by pressing raw materials into the strongest possible designs while avoiding issues like internal fissures and deformations that can happen during other forging processes. Combined with the highest quality aluminum alloys, the result is a lightweight connector that is the strongest in its class. SMC continues to enhance this proven process by applying our unmatched design and manufacturing quality processes.
Force Series D carabiners have smooth, rounded inside diameters for great interface with ropes and webbing.
- Finish: Anodized
- Dimensions: 4.2” x 2.15”
- Gate opening:
- 2.3oz (65g)
- 3 Sigma test: Major axis
- 31 kN
- Minor axis– 9kN
- Gate open– 9kN