The Silky Outback Edition hand saws feature a handle made of arbor composite which provides excellent grip and control for wet, cold and game-processing conditions. The blade can cut bone and wood, and is black-plated with a nickel/tin blend to improve durability and reduce reflection for stealth, low-impact activities. 16.25" (41.28cm) closed. 14.25" (36.2cm) blade. Black sheath included
- BLADE LENGTH: 360mm Curved
- TEETH PITCH: 6.5 (5.5 tpi)
- WEIGHT: 1.05 lbs (478g)
- NON-SET TEETH: Taper ground to reduce resistance for smoother, easier and faster cutting.
- IMPULSE-HARDENED: The teeth of the blade are heated and hardened to stay sharp three times longer than non-hardened teeth.
- MIRAI-ME: Featuring 4 cutting angles along the blade for rip-cutting, cross-cutting and slant cutting, leaving a smooth surface every time.
- BLACK PLATING: Blacking plating allows entire blade, including the teeth, to be coated with a unique, highly durable Nickel / Tin blend. It provides longer blade life and improved cutting performance.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I took this saw on an outing the weekend after I received it. It made short work of everything I cut with it. We harvested fire wood from a downed red oak from two seasons ago. I was able to cut out 10" diameter logs with this to split for the fire. Great design and cuts like a dream.
A great folding saw with significant advantage related to its saw tooth configuration and construction
I purchased this saw for winter camping when there is a greater need for processing wood. This saw cuts great, requires little effort, and the longer blade makes it very efficient. On the first weekend out, I used it on hardwoods up to about 7-8 inches in diameter and it performed very well.